Cornelia Rösel State-examined translator
For the translation of important documents (contracts, official documents, expert opinions etc.), being able to rely on an experienced translator is essential, as even the slightest mistranslation can have serious consequences.
Due to my qualifications and many years of experience, you can rest assured that your translation or interpreting requirements are in good hands. As a state-examined translator (German ↔ English) with broad professional experience in Germany and Great Britain, I specialise primarily in the areas of real estate and law. However, I am also happy to discuss your translation or interpreting requirements in other subject areas.
My experience and qualifications at a glance
- M.A. in English and Italian Studies
- State-examined translator
- Freelance translator and interpreter since 1991
- 12 years' professional experience in the UK, during which I worked, inter alia, as
- project manager for a co-operative of freelance translators in Oxford
- guest lecturer at the University of Westminster, London, for an MA in Bilingual Translation
- Long-standing voluntary committee work in professional associations for translators and interpreters (Chartered Institute of Linguists, London, and Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators (BDÜ), Berlin)
- Several years' experience as examiner for English / German at the State Examination Office for Translators (Staatliches Prüfungsamt für Übersetzer) Berlin
- Freelance work as sworn interpreter and authorised translator (English) for the courts, notaries, police and authorities in Berlin as well as for real estate professionals, businesses and private customers